Tuesday, August 21, 2012

2nd Grader!

Our sweet Kaylee-girl is now in 2nd Grade!  It is hard to believe it!  I'm pretty sure this is her last year to love princesses on everything.  :(  She is growing up!  Here is the photo-shoot for the first day of school.  I made this #2 sign hoping it would go with her first day of school outfit.  ha ha  What-evv.
 Here are the kiddos with their cheesy smiles!  Kase is wearing Konnors jammie shirt, and it is SO big on him, but he insisted.  I aim to please.  ha ha  
Below, is my pretty little girl!
 I personally love this pic! My little dancer in action!
 There is a big US map at school, and we sent pic. text messages to our "out of town" family.  She was pointing to AZ, for my side, CA. for Kyles side.  We had fun with that one!
 Kaylee and Laynee decided to coordinate their outfits for the first day of school.  Laynee gave the outfit Kaylee is wearing to her as her birthday present!  Good looking out Laynee!  So they wanted to wear them on the first day of school.. And now they are in the SAME class.  Kaylee has never had friends that she really knew in her class, except this year!  She has a couple really good friends in her class and she is happy as a button!  (if buttons have feelings, they probably are happy right?)
The night before school, I did my traditional School themed dinner.  I made signs in primary colors that said, "A, B, & C".  And in front of each sign I put a bowl of Apples, Broccoli, and Carrots in it.  Then we played ABC games and trivia during dinner.  It was fun for all 5 of us. (Yes, Kyle had fun too!  He was playing even after dinner was all over!)  :)  We did a family home evening on ABC's too.  I encouraged Kaylee and Konnor thru a fun game because they are starting a new year of school.  The A sign stood for "Always", the B sign stood for "Believe", and the C sign stood for "Can".  All together means, "Always Believe I Can".  Sometimes we learn things in life that we don't pick up on right away or that makes us frustrated we cant learn, but if we always believe in ourselves, we can accomplish anything and conquer the world!  Heavenly Father blessed us with very powerful minds and it is up to us to use them to their fullest potential!  
Right before bed, Kyle gave Kaylee a Fathers Blessing for the school year.  It was very special!  Our little Kaylee is amazing, and I can't wait for her to learn all sorts of new things this year!  LOVE HER.  FYI: Konnor starts preschool next week, so his post will come that day! 

4 comments:

abigail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I'm just 'happy as a button' reading this post! You crack me up!

Clever before-school dinner. Do you eat the apples, broccoli, and carrots as part of the game?

And I love the coordinated number two Kaylee is holding. Super cute.

Roberts Family said...

It is crazy to believe they are that old already...I still remember being at the park when they were a few months old...So glad to have friends they know in class this year also, it really helps. She's so cute.

GrandmaLynn said...

precious! so fun. i love the school dinner that is a great idea that needs to be posted to pinterest!