Sunday, January 15, 2012

Basement!

Our basement is coming along!  I thought it would be fun to do a little progress report!
This was our basement a few months ago! 
(Notice the walls, there is no framing, no interior insulation.)
 
I cant believe it!
We had it framed!  
Then my genius husband did all of the electrical.  And since we are doing a dance studio, he did some cool lighting.  They are canned lights AND he put them on three zones with dimmer switches!  He wired the walls for speakers!  He even wired it for a projector screen for when we want to have a movie night, the dance room can double as a theater room.  Genius I tell ya, genius!
Then Kyle added the insulation!  Every time we had a new step completed, he would say, "These walls are closing in!" 
Then we got a new french door for the basement.  (Take note to the guy walking thru it.)
 
Sheet Rock!  It is starting to really look like a dance studio down there!  We also are doing a couple of bedrooms and a bathroom.  I am thrilled!  It is so close, I can almost taste it.  Having my own dance studio has been a dream of mine for MANY years now.  My hubby is helping my dreams come true!  Thanks hon!
 Here is my hero, with the speaker cords that he wired!  I am so proud of him!  He just finds something he wants to do or learn... and then DOES IT!  He does research galore, and then he teaches himself new trades and talents! 
Now for you faithful followers AND blog stalkers, I need some help!  WHAT COLOR should I paint in my dance studio?  Now before you go rattling off cutsie girlie colors, I may be teaching boys and married couples dance too.  NOW go.  Give me your best ideas!


3 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

That looks awesome!!! I have been trying to talk Jake into dance lesson's since we got married, you will have to let me know what you charge and when they are.

I always like a tan paint color, or something neutral because then you can add to the walls and not be limited.

good luck!

Marie said...

Looks good! It will be so nice to have your whole house finished! I already talked to you about colors.

Wendy said...

Wow. What a huge change since I last saw it.

I'm very impressed. Even my dad who can do just about anything gets queasy when it comes to the electrical stuff.

I'm casting my vote for paint in the yellows and soft, warm oranges, something cheery and warm so it doesn't feel like a basement.

Love you guys!